4 c Gluten Free Pantry French Bread & Pizza Mix
1 tbsp gluten-free yeast (comes inside the mix)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp ascorbic acid or 1 tsp cider vinegar
1/3 c melted butter, cooled
1 1/3 c warm milk (110-115 degrees)
2 tbsp brown sugar
Cranberry Filling (Cooled to Room Temperature)
2 c cranberries
1 c light brown sugar, packed
8 tbsp (1 stick) butter
1 tbsp freshly grated orange rind (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
2. Remove from pan and chill until ready to use
1. In the order recommended by your bread machine, add dry mix, liquids, and yeast.
2. Set machine to “dough” setting and press “start.”
3. When the cycle has finished kneading the dough, remove the pan from the bread machine.
4. Stir the mixture to deflate and cover the top of the pan with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.*
5. The next day, remove the pan from the refrigerator.
6. Dust a counter top or a large cutting board with rice flour.
7. Tip dough onto prepared surface and knead lightly until smooth.
8. Set dough between two sheets of oiled plastic wrap and roll into a rectangle about 18 x 12-inches.
9. Spread filling over dough.
10. Beginning from the longest side of the rectangle, roll up like a jelly roll. If dough feels too soft, refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
11. Slice the roll into 12 equal slices (about 1 1/2 inch each).
12. Butter a 7-x-11 inch rectangular pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over the bottom of the pan.
13. Place the pieces of dough in the greased pan and cover with a piece of plastic wrap.
14. Place the pan in a warm draft-free place to rise for one hour.
15. Place the pan in a cold oven and set the temperature to 400 degrees.
16. Bake 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake 20 minutes.
17. Remove from oven and turn onto a piece of light-greased foil.
18. Place a cooling rack on the buns. Slide hand under foil and turn buns over onto rack.
19. Remove foil and let buns cool 10 minutes.
Yield: 12 buns.
Recipe courtesy: Lisa B of Ohio